If you love altered book art, you will love this simple technique to alter your book cover with metal stamps. As I always say, metal stamped elements take any project to an entirely different level. Sophisticated and elegant, your metal stamped embellishments will add a touch of charm to your altered book art.
- ImpressArt Metal Alphabet Stamps, Bridgette, uppercase
- ImpressArt Design Stamps: Whimsy Flower, Leaf Swirl
- ImpressArt Metal Stamping Hammer
- ImpressArt Steel Stamping Block
- ImpressArt Stamp Straight Tape
- ImpressArt Assorted Metal Blanks
- Mat board
- Distressed ink, Vintage Photo
- Organza ribbon 1/4”
- Acrylic paint, black
- Paper towel
- Stipple Brush
- Glue Dots
1. Create an original photo album or journal. You can also just alter one that you purchased.
2. Stamp your words or phrases into your the long metal charms.
3. Use a Q-tip to smear the black acrylic paint across the stamped words. Wipe off with a paper towel.
4. Stamp the butterfly all over in a random pattern with the Whimsy Flower.
5. Turn the butterfly upside-down on the metal stamping block. Position it with one wing off the block and gently bend down. Then move it so that it is just past the body and bend gently again.
6. When you turn the butterfly over, the wings will be curved upwards.
7. Cut a piece of matboard 1 3/4” x 3 3/4”.
8. Dip the Leaf Swirl stamp into the Distress Ink, Vintage Photo ink and stamp into the mat board. Repeat in a random pattern.
9. Continue stamping in the same manner until the entire piece of mat board is covered.
10. Using a stipple brush. Brush on a light coat of Distress Ink Vintage Photo.
11. Cut two 5” pieces of organza ribbon and thread then through the long metal tags.
12. Trim the organza ribbon.
13. Attach the mat board to the book cover with glue dots.
14. Use glue dots to adhere the metal elements to the mat board.
That's all she wrote! Making altered book art can really enhance your projects. You can add metal stamped embellishments to just about anything. If you had metal stamps, what would you alter?