It’s Bella Crafts Quarterly’s FIRST Birthday!
We are celebrating with an amazing blog hop and GIVEAWAY. Ann Butler, Carol Heppner, Lisa Rojas and I have thoroughly enjoyed bringing Bella Crafts Quarterly™ to you this past year. We are both honored and humbled by this incredible experience. We are so excited to see what next year brings.
We decided to celebrate Bella Crafts birthday right, we needed to go big. What better way to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Bella than through crafts. So, we got in touch with a bunch of our designer friends who graciously agreed to donate their time and talent to our blog hop. Since it’s October, we chose the theme Halloween Birthday. Let me tell you, we have been very excited to see what everyone came up with.
Of course, what is a crafty blog hop without great product? We are featuring products from Spellbinders™, iLoveToCreate®, Rowlux® and Westcott®. A very special thank you to these wonderful companies for their support and generosity.
- Spellbinders™ Nestabilites Dies, Labels 16
- Rowlux® Illusion Films, orange, purple, green
- Westcott® Paper Trimmer
- Westcott® Titaium-Bonded Scissors
- iLoveToCreate® Aleene’s® Tacky Double Stick Sheets
- iLoveToCreate® Aleene’s® Tacky Glue
- iLoveToCreate® Glitter, purple
- Cardstock, black and white
- Foam Tape
- Die cut machine
- Clip art
- Alphabet stickers w/numbers
- Acrylic gems: green, purple, orange
- Cut a piece of black cardstock 7-inches by 10-inches and fold it in half to form the card base.
- Take a double stick sheet and peel one side. Stick it to a piece of white cardstock, starting at the corner.
- Cut the white cardstock 4 1/2-inches by 6 1/2-inches. Peel the other side of the tape backing and set to the side.
- Cut the purple Rowlux® Illusion Film 2-inches by 4 1/2-inches and attach it across the bottom of the white cardstock.
- Cut the orange Rowlux® Illusion Film 1 1/2-inches by 4 1/2-inches and attach it to the top, right corner of the white cardstock.
- Cut the green Rowlux® Illusion Film 3-inches by 4 1/2-inches and attach it to the top, left corner of the white cardstock.
- Use some of the double stick sheet to attach the colored panel to the front of the black card.
- Next, use your computer to arrange a phrase and some clip art into a space about 3-inches by 4-inches. Print the image onto white cardstock and trim.
- Use the double stick sheets to attach the printed image to a piece of black cardstock. Trim the black cardstock so that there is about a 1/4-inch border around the image.
- Attach the panel to the bottom right corner of the card with foam tape. Set aside.
- Take a double stick sheet and peel one side. Stick it to a piece of white cardstock, starting at the corner. Then cut a 4-inch by 4-inch piece.
- Use the middle sized die from the Nestabilities set. Cut out the label.
- Peel the backing off of the label and dip it into the purple glitter.
- Attach the label to the top, left corner of the card with foam tape. Double up the tape so that it is raised higher than the image panel.
- Glue the number to the label.
- Finally, glue three acrylic gems to the bottom, left of the image panel and another three above it to the right. Let dry.
I hope you have enjoyed my project. Now…let’s get hopping. Time to visit all of the other designers to see what amazing projects they have come up with: