Maximizing one’s efforts in building an engaged, targeted Twitter following is all in the Twitter tools. If you search the web for Twitter tools, you’ll find that there are several. There are tools for scheduling, tools for managing, tools for finding new followers, tools for unfollowing as well as tools for checking out your stats! Instead of spending an entire day surfing the net, I’m sharing some of my favorites.
Here are 6 Twitter tools that I personally use to help me grow an awesome Twitter audience!
- basic account is free to use
- auto-schedule posts
- clean out your DM mailbox
- upgrade account features like auto direct message, auto follow back* and user search for Twitter
*Update 7/31/13 Twitter has banned auto follow back, but you can still use SocialOomph to vet new followers. This platform will gather new followers and you can manually select from the list who you wish to follow.
- basic account is free to use and allows you up to 10 posts in your queue at a time
- additional plans are available
- get a free bookmarklet for your toolbar
- ability to set times to tweet right down to the minute
- easily add posts into your queue
- auto unfollow users who don’t follow back or are inactive
- follow targeted, filtered users (up to 50 daily with a free account)
- upgrade account to unlock additional features and remove daily limits
- upgrade account to unlock additional features
- follow the followers or friends of other Twitter users
- find and follow targeted users in your niche
- Twitter stats on steroids!
- shows average daily tweets, tweet density
- get reply statistics
- see who you ReTweet most often
- view trending topics
*Update 7/31/13 TweetStats seems to no longer function. Bummer! If you desire to see your stats on Twitter, try Twitalyzer (month free trial).
If you have been trying to build a targeted, engaged Twitter audience, no doubt you have found that it can be extremely time consuming and possibly even very frustrating. However, with the right Twitter tools, you will make this task so much easier…and dare I say…enjoyable! I know they have made my life a lot easier. Let me know what you think of these tools…and which one is your favorite! I’ll be waiting to hear from you….