Any time I have the opportunity to support my colleagues, I’m all in! So, when Ann Butler…who is a fellow designer, one of my partners in Bella Crafts and my friend…asked me if I would participate in a blog hop for her brand new stamp line, I was thrilled to help. Ann is a brilliant designer and the owner of Ann Butler Designs. Her new stamp line, manufactured by Unity Stamp Company, is nothing short of brilliant. While the style of the stamps say “quilting”, the applications are numerous. There are four sets, as you can see below, and each set comes in 1″ and 2″ sizes. They are fabulous and will inspire you to play and experiment.
But hey, don’t take my word for it…this is a blog hop! So, check out my project below and then hop along to see all the other ways designers have used Ann Butler Designs new stamps!
The first time I saw Ann’s stamps, it immediately made me want to make quilted background paper. For this project, however, I decided to use the stamps in a different way…the triangles remind me of pinwheel petals…and they worked like a charm.
- Ann Butler Designs stamps: Leaves All Over and Doily Picnic sets, 2″
- Cardstock, white, 7″ x 10″, folded in half
- Cardstock: red, 4 3/4″ x 6 3/4″; yellow, 4 5/8″ x 6 5/8″; blue 4 3/8″ x 6 3/8″
- Cardstock: red, yellow (scraps are good)
- StazOn ink: mustard, black cherry
- Brad (1)
- Rub-ons or stickers
- Wood skewer
- Ribbon, 1/8″
- Kool Tak Premium Pro Tape 1/4″
- Kool Tak Foam Pads 1/2″ x 1/2″ x 1/8″
- Hot glue sticks
Tools: Paper trimmer, scissors, 1/16″ hold punch, pencil, acrylic stamping blocks, hot glue gun, craft stick or burnishing tool (if using rub-ons)
1. Tape the red cardstock panel onto the white card and then the yellow cardstock panel onto the red panel with Premium Pro.
2. Use the foam pads to attach the blue cardstock panel onto the yellow panel. Set aside.
3. Stamp (3) the floral triangle from the Doily Picnic set onto yellow cardstock with Mustard StazOn. Cut around the edges with scissors or a trimmer if you’d prefer.
4. Stamp (3) the striped triangle from the Leaves All Over set onto red cardstock with Black Cherry StazOn. Cut around the edges with scissors or a trimmer if you’d prefer.
5. With the stamped image facing you, turn a triangle so that the 90 degree angle is to the bottom, right. Fold the left corner over a pencil so that it touches the right corner. Then punch a small hole where the two corners meet.
6. Repeat with the remaining triangles.
7. Next start assembling the pinwheel head by attaching each folded triangle to a single brad. Alternate the colors. Once you splay the back of the brad, you can fan out the folded triangles so it looks like this…
8. Take the pinwheel head and place it onto the card for placement….do not attach it yet.
9. Next, trim a skewer to the length you need and tie a piece of ribbon around it to form a bow.
10. First attach the pinwheel head to the card with one piece of Kool Tak Foam.
11. Use a hot glue gun to attach the skewer.
12. Finally, use rub-ons or stickers to write “have fun” or another phrase of your choice.
Before you go and hop along….tell me how YOU would use these awesome stamps in the comments below. I’d love to know!
Here is the list of all the blog hop participants. Enjoy!