Today I have the honor to participate in a special Halloween Blog Hop with Craft Attitude. Craft Attitude is a printable film that can be adhered to almost any surface. It is super easy to work with and you can create endless designs. If you have a computer and an ink jet printer, you’re all set. You can personalize your projects with your own photos and graphic designs. Or you can find creative commons clip art. The possibilities are endless.
I was so flattered when I was asked to participate in this hop. Not only was I excited to use the film, but I just love Halloween and don’t often have the opportunity to create Halloween projects. The folks at Craft Attitude sent me a nice big box full of all the different “Attitude” films. THIS is a good thing because it means lots of leftovers with which to play! I’m particularly looking forward to trying this on fabric.
(FTC Disclosure: This blogger was compensated and provided product for this post.)
- Craft Attitude Printable Film
- Elmers Extra Strength Glue Stick
- Smoothfoam 6″ disc
- Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Paint, Beetle Black
- iLoveToCreate Liquid Fusion
- Cardstock, white
- Acrylic Gems
- Flameless Candle (very important)
Tools: Computer, clip art program, paper trimmer, scissors, foam brush, paper plate
1. Paint one of the flat sides of the Smoothfoam with black paint. Set it aside to dry.
3. For the base, create a collagen of images on your computer. The image should be a strip that is 1-inch in height. You can use a program like Microsoft Publisher or Photoshop. I am on a Mac and use a program called Pages. You will need to adjust your settings so that the paper is in landscape. You should also make sure you have two of these strips on the same sheet. Print* according to the package instructions.
*Note: While it states so clearly in the directions, I thought it important to point out … please be sure to flip your images so that you are printing the mirror image. This will be particularly important if your design contains words.
4. Trim around the single image using a paper trimmer. Lift a little bit of the paper backing from one of the corners. Lay the film ink side up on your work surface.
5. To attach the Craft Attitude film to your flameless candle you have a couple of choices. If your flameless candle is completely smooth on the surface, you need only add the Elmers glue stick to the edges of the film. However, if your flameless candle is textured in any way…for example…the one I used for this project has cool drip marks…then add Elmers glue stick to the entire surface. Then center the image, ink side down, onto the candle. Peel back the paper liner and smooth with your fingers.
6. Next, take the film with the two strips. Trim the strips with a paper trimmer. Apply Elmers glue stick to the ink side of the film and then place it on a piece of white cardstock. Rub it down to ensure that it is sticking, then remove the paper backing. Trim the excess white cardstock with a paper trimmer.
7. Next, apply Elmers glue stick to the white cardstock and attach the strip around the outer edge of the Smoothfoam. Repeat with the second strip. Use scissors to trim off any excess.
8. Apply the acrylic gems around the top circumference of the Smoothfoam with Liquid Fusion. Let dry.
9. Add batteries to your flameless candle, turn it on and then place it on top of the base.
Hope you have enjoyed this fun and festive Halloween project with Craft Attitude Printable Films.
Don’t forget…this is a HOP.
The blog hop will run for two weeks starting Monday September 30th. Here is the schedule:
- Sept. 30: Lisa Fulmer
- Oct. 2: Theresa Cifali
- Oct. 4: Kristi Parker Van Doren
- Oct. 7: Jennifer Priest
- Oct. 9: Ann Butler
- Oct. 11: Heather Mann