Metal stamping is all the rage and the perfect tools to use when you want to make custom wine glass charms! Perfect for parties, this makes a fantastic hostess gift or you can create a special themed set for a party you are hosting. You are completely unlimited in your creativity and the best part? If one gets lost, you can just make a new one to replace it!
- ImpressArt Metal Alphabet Stamps, Jeanie
- ImpressArt Metal Stamping Hammer
- ImpressArt Steel Stamping Block
- ImpressArt Stamp Straight Tape
- ImpressArt Metal Stamping Blanks
- Assorted beads
- Beading mat or a square of felt (to keep the beads from rolling around)
- Pigment ink, black
- Wire, 22 gauge
- Split or jump rings
- Spool of thread
- Needle nose pliers
- Wire cutters
1. Cut a length or wire 8” in length. OR use blank earring hoops.
2. With your needle-nose pliers, make a small loop at one end of the wire.
3. Wrap the wire around a spool of thread to get the correct shape and circumference.
4. Set aside.
5. Take your metal charm and place it on top of a steel block. Use your Stamp Straight tape to hold the charm in place.
6. Choose the word (design stamps work well, too) you wish to stamp into the charm. Dip the tip of each stamp into the black pigment ink and then stamp into the metal.
7. On a beading mat or even a piece of felt, place our your beads.
8. If those beads are assorted, order them anyway you choose for easier, faster stringing. You can use just a few beads , cover half the loop or cover the entire loop. Go by your personal preference.
9. Using your needle-nose pliers again, bend the straight end of your hoop like this:
10. Insert that end into the small loop to hold it closed.
It is really that simple to make!
There are so many other ways to go about making these metal stamped wine glass charms. You can make your life a little easier and just buy the earring hoops from the craft store. Those work perfectly! You can also replace the metal charms with chipboard or wood shapes….though the metal will be more durable.
I'd love to hear your ideas! How would you create them? Would you use the wine glass charms for something entirely different? Leave a comment and tell me about it. I read and answer every post personally!